An Office Add-in is very little use if we can't get it to our users. In this video we'll review the various options for distributing our Add-ins.
- [Instructor] We've built our killer application…using add-ins.…It works great in our development environment.…Now we need to get it into the hands of our users.…Let's look at side-loading, publishing,…and the Office store.…We've got a few options to make our add-in available.…When we're debugging, we can launch from Visual Studio.…But that's only really suitable for development.…We've also looked at side-loading.…We've seen this both in Office client applications…and in Office online when we were using…the NPM and Yeoman tooling.…
This is ad-hoc pool driven deployment…and can be used as a way of distributing add-ins.…It works, but one of the drawbacks is…that there's no real central management of the process.…We have something called the App Catalog…which we can use for internal distribution.…It works on premises or in Office 365,…and it's ideal for internal applications…that are just for your company or proprietary.…We'll look at the App Catalog shortly.…There's also the app store which is great…for broader distribution.…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
Office 365: Administration (2017)with David Elfassy2h 49m Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.