The Visual Studio 2017 Installer is a major rewrite of the Installer from previous VS editions, and you will find some unexpected behavior, if you assume it works like the previous installers.
- [Instructor] Talking about application installers…is not a riveting topic.…Even so, I'll spend this chapter looking at the…Visual Studio installer changes.…This is a major rewrite of the installer…from previous Visual Studio editions,…and you will find some unexpected behavior…if you assume that it works like the previous installers.…Start by looking in Programs and Features.…This is the place in Windows where you find your…traditional Desktop applications,…the installed applications.…So you'll se the apps that are installed…and you can usually modify them, add features,…and uninstall the application from this application.…
If I look for Visual Studio 2015, I see it on this list.…And one of the choices I have is to change…the installation of this program.…When I click on that button, this dialogue appears.…And you see that I have three choices…for Visual Studio 2015.…I can Modify the existing app, I can Repair it,…fix broken files and broken configurations,…and I can click on Uninstall.…For this example I want to choose Modify.…
- Installing Visual Studio 2017
- Using debugging features
- Reviewing document navigation enhancements
- Examining IntelliSense Improvements
- Using XAML tools
- Reviewing the tooling added to support Docker containers
- Debugging without the hosting process
- Using the Visual Studio 2017 Installer
Skill Level Beginner
2. IDE Improvements
3. Debugging Improvements
4. Document Navigation
5. IntelliSense Improvements
6. XAML Tools
7. Cloud Development
8. Performance Improvements
Performance Center1m 34s
9. Installer Improvements
What's next1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.