Create and save the high score for each game.
- [Narrator] Hi, and welcome to the last section…of this course, "Sound Effects, File I/O,…and Finishing the Game."…In this section, we will be saving…and loading the high score.…Then we will be adding the sound effects…and also allow the player to level up.…By the end of the section, we will be creating…never-ending multiple ways and tying up a few…loose ends to make the game complete.…We now begin with the first video of the section,…that deals with saving and loading the high score.…In this video, we are going to add…a folder in the zombie arena.…
We will also create an ifstream object called inputFile,…and put the contents of the file…into the high score and close the file.…Finally, we will handle saving…the new high score and play the game.…File I/O, or input/output, is a fairly technical subject.…Fortunately for us, as it is such a common requirement…in programming, there is a library that handles…all the complexity for us, as with…concatenating strings for our HUD.…It is the standard library that provides…
This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Creating the main game loop
- Drawing the game background
- Handling errors
- Manipulating C++ variables
- Randomizing numbers
- Making decisions with if, else, and switch
- Moving game objects
- Pausing and restarting games
- Adding scoring and messages
- Using class enumerations and arrays
- Adding sound effects
- Object-oriented programming in C++
- C++ references
- Texture management
- Collision detection
- Implementing the HUD
- Finishing the game
Skill Level Beginner
1. C++, SFML, Visual Studio, and Starting the First Game
2. Variables, Operators, and Decisions
3. C++ Strings, SFML Time, Player Input, and HUD
4. Loops, Arrays, Switch, Enumerations, and Functions
5. Collisions, Sound, and End Conditions
6. Object-Oriented Programming, Classes, and SFML Views
7. C ++ References, Sprite Sheets, and Vertex Arrays
8. Pointers, the Standard Template Library, and Texture Management
9. Collision Detection, Pickups, and Bullets
10. Layering Views and Implementing the HUD
Updating the HUD each frame3m 24s
11. Sound Effects, File I/O, and Finishing the Game
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.