Enable the player to level up.
- [Instructor] Hey, welcome.…Let's go to the next video Leveling Up.…In the previous video we generated…the sound effects for our game.…In this video we're going to take a look…as we will modify the code so that the player can level up.…Then we will be handling player input…and also amend the code that runs when the state changes.…By the end of this video we will add…the call to play, the leveling up sound effect.…The code we will add now enables…the player to level up between waves.…Because of the work we have already done…that makes this is straightforward to achieve.…
I will add the highlighted code…in the leveling up state where we handle player input.…I will type some code in the leveling underscore…up state when handle player input.…So, first add event.key.code double equals…Keyboard numeric one.…Inside this I will write a comment, Increase fire rate.…Then add fireRate plus plus.…Now in numeric two write the comment Increase clip size.…Then add clipSize plus equals clipSize.…
For numeric three write Increase Health comment.…
This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Creating the main game loop
- Drawing the game background
- Handling errors
- Manipulating C++ variables
- Randomizing numbers
- Making decisions with if, else, and switch
- Moving game objects
- Pausing and restarting games
- Adding scoring and messages
- Using class enumerations and arrays
- Adding sound effects
- Object-oriented programming in C++
- C++ references
- Texture management
- Collision detection
- Implementing the HUD
- Finishing the game
Skill Level Beginner
1. C++, SFML, Visual Studio, and Starting the First Game
2. Variables, Operators, and Decisions
3. C++ Strings, SFML Time, Player Input, and HUD
4. Loops, Arrays, Switch, Enumerations, and Functions
5. Collisions, Sound, and End Conditions
6. Object-Oriented Programming, Classes, and SFML Views
7. C ++ References, Sprite Sheets, and Vertex Arrays
8. Pointers, the Standard Template Library, and Texture Management
9. Collision Detection, Pickups, and Bullets
10. Layering Views and Implementing the HUD
Updating the HUD each frame3m 24s
11. Sound Effects, File I/O, and Finishing the Game
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.