- The different types of Visual Studio Code extensions
- Creating a theme extension
- Publishing and packaging extensions
- Creating code snippets and converting them into extensions
- Adding multiple commands to run tasks
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Ray] Visual Studio Code has taken over as the leading platform for web developers. And although the program offers a bunch of functionality, it doesn't do everything. Hey there, this is Ray Villalobos, and in this course I'll show you how to build Visual Studio Code extensions. I know, there are literally thousands of extensions in the Visual Studio Code extension Marketplace. But I'm a developer and that means that I like to tinker with things. So if you're like me, you're in luck. Visual Studio Code has a full-featured API that lets you customize everything from the interface to the themes, snippets, and even lets you run commands to change or automate almost every aspect of the platform. So if you want to know how to make Visual Studio Code your own and how to publish extensions in the Marketplace so that other people can use them, let's get started.