Join Walt Ritscher for an in-depth discussion in this video Essential extension: Web Essentials, part of Visual Studio Tips for Web Developers.
- [Instructor] If I could only choose one Visual Studio…Extension to enhance the Web Developer experience,…it would probably be Web Essentials.…It's this one here, Web Essentials 2017.…It's created by Mads Kristensen, he's a Program Manager…on the Visual Studio Extensibility Team,…and he loves to create new extensions.…If you look further down the list,…you can see it has these included extensions.…Web Essentials is a bundle of 22 extensions,…each one focused on enhancing the Visual Studio tools…to help write web applications faster.…
In this tip, I'll look at how to install Web Essentials.…That's easy, you go to the online section,…search for Web Essentials and click on the download button…and then restart Visual Studio, I've already done that.…What I want to point out is that there are two separate ways…of thinking about Web Essentials.…There's the bundle, you can see it right here,…and I've already installed that, so if I want to uninstall…all 22 tools, I can click on the uninstall button here.…But each of these included extensions also is listed…
- Configuring settings to suggest best NuGet packages for a project
- Configuring Browser Link and the extension
- Viewing SVG files in the IDE
- Using the Zen Coding expander to enter HTML
- Essential extensions, including Markdown Editor and Spell Checker