Visual Studio 2010 Essential Training
In Visual Studio 2010 Essential Training, author Walt Ritscher demonstrates how to use Visual Studio 2010 Professional to develop full-featured applications targeting a variety of platforms. Starting with an overview of the integrated developer environment, the course covers working with code editors, navigating and formatting code, and deploying applications. Also included are tutorials on running performance and load tests, and debugging code. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Creating a Visual Studio project
- Building the user interface
- Binding to an RSS feed
- Coding with IntelliSense
- Creating rich Internet applications with Silverlight
- Building Windows applications with Windows Forms
- Integrating with SQL Server
- Working with Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding extensibility in Visual Studio
- Working with data, ADO.NET and datasets
- Using source control
Hi! I'm Walt Ritscher, and I want to welcome you to my Visual Studio 2010 Essential Training series. If you write code for a Microsoft platform, like Silverlight, Windows Phone, or ASP.net, you should be using Visual Studio. In this course, I'll show you every corner of this powerful tool. I'll start by looking at the code editors and how to customize them to make you more productive. You will see how to break point your code for debugging purposes and explore the Watch, Threads, and other status windows. You'll see the Data Source window and discover the in-depth database and server tools available.
There is a rich testing environment included in Visual Studio, and I will cover both unit and performance tests in this title. There is also a section on working with source control and another on compiling and deploying your finished application. As a professional programmer, I rely on remarkable tools available in Visual Studio to build my applications, and I'm eager to show you how they work. So, let's get started exploring Visual Studio 2010.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Visual Studio 2010 Essential Training .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: Which edition of Visual Studio 2010 do I need to follow along in this course?
- A: The course is taught with Visual Studio 2010 Professional, but can also be used with the Premium or Ultimate editions. The Express editions of Visual Studio, including Visual Basic 2010 Express, Visual C# 2010 Express, and Visual C++ Express, are not covered in this course.
- Q: I'm attempting to download the exercise files for this course, and my virus protection is blocking me from unzipping the downloaded file. Are the files corrupted?
- A: The alert is a false-positive message. Your antivirus software is detecting the active code included in the exercise files, which in some ways resembles viral code. There is nothing to be alarmed about and you can ignore the warning. This is common among coding courses and environments.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views
ASP.NET Essential Training1,800,850 Views
C# Essential Training882,903 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals6,728,971 Views
Foundations of Programming: Object-Oriented Design3,170,273 Views
Git Essential Training2,578,682 Views
HTML Essential Training3,250,120 Views
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Training449,274 Views