Join Scott Helmers for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Visio Tips and Tricks.
- [Instructor] This course was designed to highlight tips and tricks for the 2016, 2013, and 2010 versions of Visio, so you'll be able to follow along using any of those versions of the software. Most of the demonstrations were done with the professional edition of Visio 2016, but the tips and tricks apply to all three versions unless noted otherwise. If you are using Visio 2013, or have the subscription version of Visio, which is called Visio Pro for Office 365, what you see on your screen will look nearly identical to the video.
If you are using Visio 2010, most functions will operate the same way as the video, however a few things will look a bit different. For example, the layout of some ribbon tabs and the color of some items like connection points and the dynamic grid feedback lines will be different. If you're new to Visio, you might want to spend a few minutes with the software before watching these tips and tricks, but you will benefit from this course regardless of your Visio skill level.
- Decoding Visio versions and editions
- Setting Visio options
- Navigating like a pro
- Taking advantage of hyperlinks
- Managing text on shapes
- Annotating diagrams with comments and callouts
- Inserting text display fields
- Working more efficiently
- Mastering Visio keyboard shortcuts
- Aligning and sizing shapes on a page
- Managing connectors and connection points
- Copying, pasting, and duplicating shapes