In this video, learn what is required to be able to follow along in this course.
- [Instructor] Now here's what you need to know if you're going to follow along with me in this course. Firstly Visio can be installed a number of different ways using a variety of different plans. I'll be working with Visio 2019 Professional while logged into an Office 365 account using Online Plan 2. Now if you're working with the standard version using a different plan, or working with any standalone version of Visio, what you see on your screen may not always match what you see on my screen, but that won't stop you from being able to complete the tasks we'll be performing in this basics course.
Also this course is designed for those who are new to any version of Visio, and looking to begin with the basics of diagramming with the software. Now you won't need any experience whatsoever to follow along with me, with ease. Lastly, this course comes with exercise files. So if you do have access to them, you'll be able to follow along with me step-by-step as we move through the chapters and movies in this course. If you plan on using them, I highly recommend placing them in a convenient location such as right on the desktop.
Now if you don't have access to the exercise files, not to worry. You can learn lots by following along with your own files or by simply sitting back, relaxing and watching.
- Describe how to use SmartShapes.
- Explain how to connect shapes manually.
- Cite the method for automatically aligning SmartShapes.
- Describe how to add a background to your diagram.
- Explain what themes are and how to use them.
- Summarize how to format shape fills and effects.