In this video, learn what Visio 2019 is, who uses Visio in the corporate world, and what types of diagrams they are creating using Visio, as well as popular non-work-related uses for Visio.
- [Instructor] Just before we start working with Visio,…let's take a closer look at what Visio is,…and how people are using it.…Simply put, Visio is a software application…for creating diagrams.…These diagrams quite often relate to data…and Visio can be used…to create a way to visualize that data.…Diagrams can be anything…from simple floor charts and floor plans…to detailed network, prototype, and pivot diagrams.…And because Visio comes with a large number of templates,…built-in shapes, objects, and stencils,…you can create very impressive diagrams quickly and easily.…
So who is going to be using an application like Visio?…Well, Visio has typically been used…by enterprise clients at the corporate level.…And has been considered to be an application…for creating serious diagrams.…IT professionals might use it for networking diagrams.…Space planners might use it for floor plans.…Graphic designers for a wide variety of diagrams…like org charts, timelines, calendars, and more.…And even engineers might use Visio to create prototypes…
- Describe how to use SmartShapes.
- Explain how to connect shapes manually.
- Cite the method for automatically aligning SmartShapes.
- Describe how to add a background to your diagram.
- Explain what themes are and how to use them.
- Summarize how to format shape fills and effects.
Skill Level Beginner
What you need to know1m 16s
1. Get Started
What is Visio 2019?1m 39s
2. Create Connected Diagrams
3. Add Additional Objects to Diagrams
4. Format Objects and Text
5. Publish Diagrams to Various Outputs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.