Discover insider tips and techniques for getting the most out of Visio, the popular diagramming app from Microsoft. Learn how to customize user options, master the use of text and annotations, use keyboard shortcuts, and more.
- [Scott] Most of us who use Visio tend to create one or two types of diagrams. And we tend to fall into the habit of doing things the same old way over and over and over. We know there are probably better ways to accomplish our goals, but we don't have to look for them. Hi, my name is Scott Helmers, I've been living and breathing Visio daily for the last 15 years. My goal for this course is to nudge you out of your Visio comfort zone, but in doing so, I want to make you even more comfortable using the software. Would you like to tweak Visio settings so the program behaves the way you want it to? Would you like to learn the secrets of the developer tab and how to add Visio specific commands to the ribbon and quick access toolbar? You'll learn all of those thing before you even finish chapter one.
And after that, you'll learn subtle techniques for selecting shapes more effectively, you'll discover how to navigate in complex diagrams, even how to create hyperlinks to zoom to a specific shape on a target page. And at least as important as all of that, you'll finally be able to take control of the lines in your diagram by understanding the secrets of lines, glue, and connection points. Does that sound good? Then let's get started.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Decoding Visio versions and editions
- Setting Visio options
- Navigating like a pro
- Taking advantage of hyperlinks
- Managing text on shapes
- Annotating diagrams with comments and callouts
- Inserting text display fields
- Working more efficiently
- Mastering Visio keyboard shortcuts
- Aligning and sizing shapes on a page
- Managing connectors and connection points
- Copying, pasting, and duplicating shapes