Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Working with layers using Visio Viewer on iPad
- Sharing, copying, and printing with Visio Viewer on iPad
- Panning and zooming in Visio Viewer on iPhone or iPad
- Interacting with Visio diagrams in a browser
- Viewing Visio diagrams on a phone or tablet
- Refreshing data in Visio Online on a Mac, PC, or phone
- Sharing Visio diagrams from a browser
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Scott] The best way to view Visio diagrams has always been to use Visio. But in late 2016, the diagram viewing landscape changed for the better. Would you like to view Visio diagrams on an iPad or an iPhone? Visio Viewer for iOS provides extremely high fidelity rendering and even lets you zoom to an unbelievable 200,000% with no loss of quality. Or would you like to view a Visio diagram in Safari on a Mac or on an Android phone or on a PC? Now you can do all of the above and more with Visio Online.
Hi, my name is Scott Helmers and I've been living and breathing Visio daily for the last 15 years. During that time I've written books and delivered webcasts that have helped thousands of people accomplish things with Visio, many of which they didn't even know were possible. For this course, the only real question that matters is: how would you like to view a Visio diagram? If you want to use an iPhone or an iPad, the Visio Viewer is a native app with options to show and hide layers, search shape text, and more.
Visio Online also provides full text search in addition to letting you view shape data and refresh links between the diagram and an external data source. Best of all, the version of Visio you're using is immaterial. Everything you'll learn in this course applies both to older VSD and newer VSDX diagrams. Are you ready to take a look? Let's get started.