You can view Visio diagrams on your iPhone using Visio Viewer for iOS. Join Visio MVP Scott Helmers in this online video as he demonstrates how to turn selected layers on and off to improve visibility in a Visio flowchart.
- [Instructor] The shapes in a Visio diagram can be located…on one or more layers, and you can use the layers…to control various attributes of the shapes.…Some Visio templates place shapes on layers automatically.…You may choose to create layers of your own…in any given diagram.…What you see on the screen is a flowchart…of my company's recruiting process…displayed in the Visio Viewer on an iPhone.…The flowchart template automatically places…the main flowchart shapes,…process boxes and decision diamonds, for example,…on a layer called Flowchart.…
It also places the arrows on a layer called Connector.…And because this diagram uses data graphics…to indicate the status of each step,…there's also a Data Graphic layer.…For this video, let's assume I'm on my way…to a meeting with a colleague…to discuss the recruiting process but didn't have time…to print out the flowchart before the meeting.…The diagram is okay as is,…but I'd like to remove the graphic layers…so we can concentrate on the work of the process.…Let's tap the Layers button.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Working with layers using Visio Viewer on iPad
- Sharing, copying, and printing with Visio Viewer on iPad
- Panning and zooming in Visio Viewer on iPhone or iPad
- Interacting with Visio diagrams in a browser
- Viewing Visio diagrams on a phone or tablet
- Refreshing data in Visio Online on a Mac, PC, or phone
- Sharing Visio diagrams from a browser