- Describe how to use SmartShapes.
- Explain how to connect shapes manually.
- Cite the method for automatically aligning SmartShapes.
- Describe how to add a background to your diagram.
- Explain what themes are and how to use them.
- Summarize how to format shape fills and effects.
Skill Level Beginner
- [David] If you've ever needed to create the perfect diagram, you know how time consuming and tedious it can be to draw them by hand. That's where Visio can help. From simple drawings to connected diagrams like workflows, flowcharts, and org charts. From floor plans, to network diagrams, really any diagram you can imagine, Visio makes it possible to create them all with both precision and ease. I'm David Rivers and I've been showing people how to make the most of Microsoft Visio since its early days. Visio 2019 has come a long way, and while being more powerful than ever, it continues to remain easy to use.
If you're new to Visio, this is the perfect place to start. We'll cover the basics and more in this course to help you build a solid foundation of Visio knowledge to help you get started creating all kinds of diagrams. Let's get started.
What you need to know1m 16s
1. Get Started
What is Visio 2019?1m 39s
2. Create Connected Diagrams
3. Add Additional Objects to Diagrams
4. Format Objects and Text
5. Publish Diagrams to Various Outputs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.