In this video, learn how to apply different themes and variants to change the look of a drawing, including all objects on the page as well as any background pages.
- [Narrator] Once you've completed your diagram here…in Visio 2019, you may want to take things to the next level…and improve the appearance of your diagram.…There are a number of formatting options…we're going to explore in this chapter,…beginning with themes, and we're going to do it…with our software instillation process diagram here,…SI workflow O four O one, if you're catching up.…You can see so far, we've been using the defaults…we have the blue shaded, shapes that we see…in our diagram, you can see the text that's being used…inside those, just default text.…
We haven't really applied any formatting…except for our title across the top…where we did change the color for the text box…containing software instillation process.…Let's keep that in mind as we explore themes…which are groups of formatting, color schemes,…font schemes and attributes applied to all of those.…When we go up to the design tab,…you're going to see a themes group here…and you'll see variance for each of the themes as well.…Now to see what these look like,…
- Describe how to use SmartShapes.
- Explain how to connect shapes manually.
- Cite the method for automatically aligning SmartShapes.
- Describe how to add a background to your diagram.
- Explain what themes are and how to use them.
- Summarize how to format shape fills and effects.
Skill Level Beginner
What you need to know1m 16s
1. Get Started
What is Visio 2019?1m 39s
2. Create Connected Diagrams
3. Add Additional Objects to Diagrams
4. Format Objects and Text
5. Publish Diagrams to Various Outputs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.