In this video, learn how to convert drawings to image formats like GIF, PNG, and JPEG in order to create read-only copies of diagrams for sharing with those who don't have Visio.
- [Instructor] Another option for sharing your completed…Visio diagram is to export it to a variety…of graphical image formats.…Different formats work better in different scenarios.…For example, printing versus putting up on a web page.…That's what we're going to explore with our SI workflow…diagram 05_Final, if you're catching up.…Let's go up to File,…and you may be tempted to go to Save As once again.…From here we can click Browse which opens up…our Save As dialog.…
Click the dropdown to change the type.…There are many different graphical formats to choose from.…You can see Windows Metafile, bitmaps, .tif's,….png, there's .jpg and .gif, for example.…We're going to click Cancel and then Cancel again,…and instead select Export over here on the left…because choosing Change File Type will give us…additional information.…Go ahead.…You can see the graphic file types include .png…for print quality images.…So if we wanted to print out the finished copy…this might be the ideal format.…
If we're going to be putting it up on our website,…
- Describe how to use SmartShapes.
- Explain how to connect shapes manually.
- Cite the method for automatically aligning SmartShapes.
- Describe how to add a background to your diagram.
- Explain what themes are and how to use them.
- Summarize how to format shape fills and effects.