In this video, learn how to use layout tools to change how a diagram is laid out on the page, including layouts specifically for flowcharts, and learn how to choose the direction of flow.
- [Instructor] When you create a new Visio diagram…from a template the layout is determined by that template.…For example, a flowchart can be top down…or left to right or the reverse,…right to left or from the bottom up.…If you're creating a diagram, like we did from a blank page,…the layout is totally up to you,…but you may want to chose from one of the preset layouts.…That's what we're going to explore in this movie…with our software information workflow diagram,…0207 if you're catching up.…We're zoomed out here by clicking this button…in the bottom right hand corner to fit the page…to the current window…and as you can see,…because we have that extra shape down here,…the document or form that we added,…although the entire diagram is centered on the page…it looks to be off to the left,…the layout's not ideal.…
We can try a couple of things.…One option is to manually adjust this,…but before we do we can check out some of the presets.…So with nothing selected…let's go up to the Design tab here on the ribbon,…move way over here to the Layout section,…
- Describe how to use SmartShapes.
- Explain how to connect shapes manually.
- Cite the method for automatically aligning SmartShapes.
- Describe how to add a background to your diagram.
- Explain what themes are and how to use them.
- Summarize how to format shape fills and effects.