In this video, learn how to save a file to PDF in order to create a read-only copy of your diagram, and then know how to view it with a free copy of Adobe Reader.
- [Instructor] If you want to share an electronic copy…of your completed Visio diagram one excellent option…is to convert it to PDF and send it off via email.…There is a long way to do that and the short way,…which I am going to show you…with our software installation workflow.…Again we're still working with SIWorkFlow_05_final…from the Chapter5 folder of your Exercise Files.…You might be tempted to go up to File…then go down to Save As to save it as a PDF file;…that's portable document format.…
You would click Browse, you choose a location.…Maybe the Desktop, for example,…and then change the Save as type by clicking the dropdown.…There's many different formats we can save to,…including, there it is, PDF,…then you would click Save to save it,…then open up Outlook or your email application,…start a new message attach that file, very time consuming,…and there is an easier way.…Again from that File tab instead of going to Save As,…go to Share.…From here you'll notice Email,…clicking Email will give some email options.…
- Describe how to use SmartShapes.
- Explain how to connect shapes manually.
- Cite the method for automatically aligning SmartShapes.
- Describe how to add a background to your diagram.
- Explain what themes are and how to use them.
- Summarize how to format shape fills and effects.
Skill Level Beginner
What you need to know1m 16s
1. Get Started
What is Visio 2019?1m 39s
2. Create Connected Diagrams
3. Add Additional Objects to Diagrams
4. Format Objects and Text
5. Publish Diagrams to Various Outputs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.