In this video, learn how to open a Visio file, navigate the various parts of the user interface, turn on or off certain options such as the grid and rulers, and use zoom levels.
- [Victor] It's time now to launch Visio 2019…and get comfortable in our surroundings.…If you're following along with me,…go ahead and launch the application.…You should be presented by default…with this start screen, broken up into two sections.…On the left-hand side is where we go…to open up existing drawings.…And if you've worked with Visio,…you'll see a list of recent files.…Any of these files can be accessed with a single click,…so you can get back to them nice and fast.…If they're files that you need to come back to…on a regular basis, you might even want to…click the push pin to pin them to this list…so no matter what you do in Visio,…they'll always be there readily accessible.…
You can click the same pin to unpin them from that list.…And if you don't see what you're looking for…on the recent list, there's a link to Open Other Drawings,…we'll be coming back to that momentarily.…The other side of your screen…is where you go to create new diagrams,…and by default you should see the word Featured…underlined and highlighted, displaying featured templates…
- Describe how to use SmartShapes.
- Explain how to connect shapes manually.
- Cite the method for automatically aligning SmartShapes.
- Describe how to add a background to your diagram.
- Explain what themes are and how to use them.
- Summarize how to format shape fills and effects.
Skill Level Beginner
What you need to know1m 16s
1. Get Started
What is Visio 2019?1m 39s
2. Create Connected Diagrams
3. Add Additional Objects to Diagrams
4. Format Objects and Text
5. Publish Diagrams to Various Outputs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.