Join Scott Helmers for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Visio Tips and Tricks.
- [Scott] Before taking this course, you might have known just enough about Visio to get the job done, or you might have been very proficient at doing certain things, but struggled to move beyond that core set of tasks. My goal for this course has been to help you move past both of those points. If this course has whet your appetite to learn even more about Visio, my first recommendation is to explore the powerful combination of Visio and data. My course called Advanced Visio: Working With Data, also available on this site, is the place to start.
You'll learn how to link diagrams to data in Excel, Access, SharePoint, and more, and how to use built-in data graphics to bring data to life. To learn more about Visio in general, please refer to any of my books. They're available in both online and brick and mortar bookstores, or from my website at visiostepbystep.com. If you're involved with business processes, please check out Harvard Computing Group's Process Mapping Add-in for Visio at taskmap.com.
TaskMap is process mapping for the rest of us. It's the simplest, but most powerful way to create content-rich process maps that become the focus for all knowledge about your business processes. Feel free to get in touch with me on LinkedIn. Finally, for assistance creating custom Visio shapes, templates, and diagrams, or for help automating the creation and maintenance of Visio diagrams, please contact me via email, or contact me on Twitter.
Congratulations on completing Visio Tips and Tricks and I hope you enjoy using your newfound Visio skills.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Decoding Visio versions and editions
- Setting Visio options
- Navigating like a pro
- Taking advantage of hyperlinks
- Managing text on shapes
- Annotating diagrams with comments and callouts
- Inserting text display fields
- Working more efficiently
- Mastering Visio keyboard shortcuts
- Aligning and sizing shapes on a page
- Managing connectors and connection points
- Copying, pasting, and duplicating shapes