In this video, learn how to add text labels to shapes as well as add labels to connectors between shapes on a page, such as yes or no to connectors from a decision shape.
- [Instructor] One thing we haven't done so far as we begin…to build our software installation workflow diagram here…in Visio 2019, is label the shapes and even label…the connectors, something we're going to do in this movie.…With our diagram that we've started, you can open…up SIWorkflow 0204 if you're catching up.…Let's begin.…Right at the top, this shape is a Start/End shape.…And sure enough, that's where we begin the installation.…So all we do is click the shape once.…You don't have to double-click to get inside.…
All you have to do is select it once with one click…and type in something like, Begin installation.…Go ahead and type that in.…Notice how it zooms in, so we can see what we're typing.…Click in the background now.…Don't press Enter.…That's actually going to start a second line.…Just click in the background.…And it's added and zooms us back out,…so we can see our diagram in the original zoom level…that we were using.…The Decision shape down below, we'll click here…and type in, whether or not we have a product key,…
- Describe how to use SmartShapes.
- Explain how to connect shapes manually.
- Cite the method for automatically aligning SmartShapes.
- Describe how to add a background to your diagram.
- Explain what themes are and how to use them.
- Summarize how to format shape fills and effects.
Skill Level Beginner
What you need to know1m 16s
1. Get Started
What is Visio 2019?1m 39s
2. Create Connected Diagrams
3. Add Additional Objects to Diagrams
4. Format Objects and Text
5. Publish Diagrams to Various Outputs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.