In this video, learn how to add a text object to the drawing page and use text formatting options to change the look and feel of the added text.
- [Instructor] As you may recall adding text…to a shape or even to a connector is simple…as clicking it and typing away.…But there will be times when you want to add text elsewhere…on the page outside the diagram.…That's what we're going to do…in this movie with our Software Information…Workflow 0301 if you're catching up.…We'll start by zooming into 100% down here on the Slider.…And scrolling up near the top of our page…where we have some room for a Title.…We're going to type in Software Installation Process,…but there's nothing to click on up here…at the top of our page.…
We need to insert the Text Box.…We do that from the Insert Tab up here on the ribbon.…Give it a click.…You'll see Text Box has a drop down arrow.…There's two types that we can add.…One that goes across the top, Horizontal.…Or one that would go up and down, Vertical Text.…We want this one at the top of our page,…going left to right we'll choose Draw Horizontal Text Box.…The keyword is Draw.…So we come down here onto the page.…And now it's a matter of clicking and dragging…
- Describe how to use SmartShapes.
- Explain how to connect shapes manually.
- Cite the method for automatically aligning SmartShapes.
- Describe how to add a background to your diagram.
- Explain what themes are and how to use them.
- Summarize how to format shape fills and effects.