In this video, learn how to add visual interest to a Visio diagram by inserting a graphical image, which can come from your own local sources or from online sources, can be inserted on a page or in the background, and also can be enhanced with image tools
- [Instructor] Another simple way…to make your Visio diagrams more visually interesting is…to add your own graphical elements,…which is what we're going to do…with our software installation workflow diagram,…0303, if you're catching up.…In the previous movie, we added this background.…You may have noticed a new tab…that appears down below, labeled Vbackground-1.…And you can actually click that…to go just to the background.…We can add another element to the background…such as a graphic of our own, or if we want,…add it to the page itself, the foreground page is…simply page one with our diagram.…
So if you wanted it to appear on subsequent pages…that may be added later on, you would add it…to the background by clicking the tab.…If you want it simply on this first page,…you would click the foreground page,…page one, so it's selected,…when you go to the insert tab on the ribbon.…And you'll notice here in the illustrations group,…we can get pictures online from a variety…of sources, you'll need to have access,…or grab your own by selecting Pictures.…
- Describe how to use SmartShapes.
- Explain how to connect shapes manually.
- Cite the method for automatically aligning SmartShapes.
- Describe how to add a background to your diagram.
- Explain what themes are and how to use them.
- Summarize how to format shape fills and effects.
Skill Level Beginner
What you need to know1m 16s
1. Get Started
What is Visio 2019?1m 39s
2. Create Connected Diagrams
3. Add Additional Objects to Diagrams
4. Format Objects and Text
5. Publish Diagrams to Various Outputs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.