In this video, learn how to remove a SmartShape while maintaining glued connections between remaining shapes. In addition, see how to insert a shape on a connector to create an added step while maintaining connections with other shapes.
- [Instructor] As you're building diagrams…here in Visio 2019,…the occasion may arise where you need…to insert additional shapes…and have them connected, as well.…Or maybe remove shapes you no longer need…and maintain connections between the other shapes…as we're going to explore in this movie…with our software installation workflow diagram…we've been building.…You can open up SIWorkflow_0205, if you want to catch up.…You can see I've added all of the labels…to each of the shapes and the connectors,…even added an extra connector down below…that was missing.…
I'm going to zoom in here with the zoom slider…up to 100%…so you can see what that looks like.…So let's go down here to the register now decision…where we answer that yes.…We need to fill out the form.…There's the document-kind of shape…that will allow us to submit the form…and then continue on to complete the installation.…Let's say we go to fill out form.…Select it with one click…and delete it by hitting your delete key on the keyboard.…
That's how you remove a shape.…
- Describe how to use SmartShapes.
- Explain how to connect shapes manually.
- Cite the method for automatically aligning SmartShapes.
- Describe how to add a background to your diagram.
- Explain what themes are and how to use them.
- Summarize how to format shape fills and effects.
Skill Level Beginner
What you need to know1m 16s
1. Get Started
What is Visio 2019?1m 39s
2. Create Connected Diagrams
3. Add Additional Objects to Diagrams
4. Format Objects and Text
5. Publish Diagrams to Various Outputs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.