In this video, learn how to change text formatting in shapes, on connectors, and in any other text objects you may be using in a Visio diagram, which overrides formatting applied by a selected theme.
- [Instructor] Using a theme on one…of your Visio 2019 diagrams is a fast…and en easy way to apply all kinds of formatting.…Text formatting, shape formatting, fills, outlines…connectors, you name it!…But of course, you can override any of these things…in a diagram.…A theme is a great way to get a good headstart,…but to customize, you can go in…and make you own adjustments, which is what we're going…to do to the text that we see in some of our diagram,…here in our software instillation process.…
Sworkflow 0402, if you're catching up.…Let's start by zooming in to around 100%.…We'll go up to the top, where we've already overwritten…the formatting that comes with our selected theme.…Here in the title or text box filled…with software installation process text.…And we can leave that as it is.…But did you know that you can also override the formatting…to the text you see inside your shapes?…Or even on your connectors.…If we go down below to one of our connectors,…let's select this one here, next to Have Product Key.…
- Describe how to use SmartShapes.
- Explain how to connect shapes manually.
- Cite the method for automatically aligning SmartShapes.
- Describe how to add a background to your diagram.
- Explain what themes are and how to use them.
- Summarize how to format shape fills and effects.
Skill Level Beginner
What you need to know1m 16s
1. Get Started
What is Visio 2019?1m 39s
2. Create Connected Diagrams
3. Add Additional Objects to Diagrams
4. Format Objects and Text
5. Publish Diagrams to Various Outputs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.