In this video, learn how to override theme formatting to change line formatting for connector lines and shape borders, such as line color, width, styles, arrows, and more.
- [Instructor] Many Visio diagrams,…especially connected diagrams like the flowchart…we've been creating in this course,…contain many, many lines.…You'll see lines around the shapes.…You'll see lines as connectors between those shapes.…And those lines can have their own formatting as well.…We see the formatting that's been applied…by the theme we've selected, but again,…we can override that formatting…for any or all of the lines in our diagram.…We're going to focus in on one shape.…
Let's go down to the shape we want to modify.…We'll go to this callout and select it.…Notice when we select it, we also see…what it's connected to, and it has that line in-between.…When we click the connector in-between,…we actually deselect.…So clicking the connector or the shape is the same thing.…We're going to be affecting the lines…that connect as well as the lines around our shape.…And there's a couple different ways we can do this.…Again, we can go back to shape styles.…And if we go to the Line drop-down,…you can see things like changing the line color.…
- Describe how to use SmartShapes.
- Explain how to connect shapes manually.
- Cite the method for automatically aligning SmartShapes.
- Describe how to add a background to your diagram.
- Explain what themes are and how to use them.
- Summarize how to format shape fills and effects.