In this video, learn how to override theme formatting to change a shapes' fill attributes, such as color and shading, and also apply special effects to shapes, such as a shadow to bring them off the page.
- [Narrator] Just as we can override…the text formatting applied by themes…we select in our Visio 2019 diagrams,…we can also override other attributes,…like shape formatting.…If we want to change the shape fill…or special effects, it can be done…to any or all of our shapes.…That's what we're going to do…in this movie, with our software…installation workflow o four o three,…if you're catching up.…Let's say for example, we want one of our shapes…to look a little bit different than…the formatting applied by the theme…we selected in an earlier movie.…
Let's scroll down to the bottom here…and select the very last shape,…which is to run the software.…This is the end of the process,…so we might want to change the color, for example.…Well, there are some options up here.…For example, with the home tab of the ribbon selected…you'll see a shape styles group.…There are quick styles.…You can click this to simply hover…over some of these to see what it's going to look like.…Now if you can't see, in the background,…your diagram, use your scroll bar…
- Describe how to use SmartShapes.
- Explain how to connect shapes manually.
- Cite the method for automatically aligning SmartShapes.
- Describe how to add a background to your diagram.
- Explain what themes are and how to use them.
- Summarize how to format shape fills and effects.
Skill Level Beginner
What you need to know1m 16s
1. Get Started
What is Visio 2019?1m 39s
2. Create Connected Diagrams
3. Add Additional Objects to Diagrams
4. Format Objects and Text
5. Publish Diagrams to Various Outputs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.