- Creating a flowchart from data
- Creating a swimlane diagram from data
- Working with the built-in Excel Data Visualizer templates
- Synchronizing diagram changes with data and vice versa
- Enhancing diagrams with graphics and themes
- Creating other types of process diagrams
- Creating a diagram template package
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Scott] Excel is a remarkable piece of software that you can use to do so many different things. Store and manipulate data? Of course. Serve as a database? Sure. Create graphs and charts? You bet. I've even seen people use Excel to create flowcharts and swim lane diagrams. But let's be honest, for all its virtues, Excel is not a diagramming tool, however, Visio is. What if you could use these products together, leveraging what each does best. With the 2017 release of Data Visualizer as part of Visio Online Plan two, that's exactly what you can do.
Hi, my name is Scott Helmers and I've been living and breathing Visio daily for the last 15 years. My goal for this course is to show you how you can enter business process data into an Excel workbook and have Visio build a process map for you automatically. Once you've done that the workbook and diagram and dynamically linked. You can make changes in one and the changes will be synchronized to the other. Please join me in my LinkedIn learning course Excel and Visio: Generating Diagrams Automatically and I'll show you how to take advantage of this exciting collaboration between Excel and Visio.