In this video, learn how to connect SmartShapes that are not already connected using the Connector tool and create glued connections by dragging from connection handle to connection handle.
- [Narrator] When adding shapes…from other shapes, they automatically get connected.…That's why they're called smart shapes.…There are going to be times, though,…when you add shapes that aren't connected…and you'll need to do it manually.…We're going to complete the shapes…on our diagram here, by going to some…of the smart shapes like this decision shape…down below, the second one from the top.…And go to the right arrow and add another process.…When we select it you can see it's automatically connected.…But we do want to connect this back…to the decision eventually.…
Let's add from the same decision shape, down below.…We'll go to the arrow down below and add another process.…And we'll move that, going into the center…so it's lined up and spaced properly…with the one on the left.…Just click and drag it, you can see…everything stays connected nicely.…Now, from here we want another decision.…And when we go over here to this shape…and hover over the arrow, to choose…a decision automatically,…the connectors move around so things…
- Describe how to use SmartShapes.
- Explain how to connect shapes manually.
- Cite the method for automatically aligning SmartShapes.
- Describe how to add a background to your diagram.
- Explain what themes are and how to use them.
- Summarize how to format shape fills and effects.
Skill Level Beginner
What you need to know1m 16s
1. Get Started
What is Visio 2019?1m 39s
2. Create Connected Diagrams
3. Add Additional Objects to Diagrams
4. Format Objects and Text
5. Publish Diagrams to Various Outputs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.