In this video, learn how to use Auto Align and auto spacing tools to improve the appearance of a connected diagram by having the shapes on your page evenly spaced and properly aligned at the click of a mouse button.
- If you've been following along with me…as we've been building our flow chart…here in Visio 2019,…you'd notice when adding or removing shapes,…moving them around, adding connectors,…those little green guides that pop up…to help us align things up properly…and create equal spacing.…Those are great when creating…but if you have to go back…and start moving things around,…for example, you move one of your shapes up…like our "begin installation" shape here…we move it up a little bit too far,…or one of our shapes has to be removed…or we add a new shape…and move it around…and things no longer seem perfectly lined up or spaced,…there are tools built into Visio…to help us with that.…
So just move a few shapes around for example,…so we don't have that perfect spacing.…I'm going to really move this first one…way up near the top.…That's maybe where it could have started…and now when we go down…to the bottom right corner…and click the button…to fit page to current window…you can see…when we click in the background,…its not perfectly laid out.…
- Describe how to use SmartShapes.
- Explain how to connect shapes manually.
- Cite the method for automatically aligning SmartShapes.
- Describe how to add a background to your diagram.
- Explain what themes are and how to use them.
- Summarize how to format shape fills and effects.
Skill Level Beginner
What you need to know1m 16s
1. Get Started
What is Visio 2019?1m 39s
2. Create Connected Diagrams
3. Add Additional Objects to Diagrams
4. Format Objects and Text
5. Publish Diagrams to Various Outputs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.