In this video, learn how to choose which four SmartShapes appear when hovering over connection arrows on other shapes by rearranging shapes at the top of the stencil.
- [Instructor] When adding automatically connected…smart shapes from other shapes in your diagram,…you get a quick look at the top four shapes in your stencil.…For example,…in our software installation workflow diagram…we've been building,…SIWorkflow_0202, if you're catching up,…when we hover over this process we just added,…and see the four arrows…and go to the right-hand side and hover over that,…you'll notice that the four shapes we see…are the same four shapes we see at the top of our stencil.…So we can come over here, go to that right arrow…and add another decision.…
Notice how the connectors automatically move around…to create space.…But what if we wanted another shape…to be one of the top four?…For example, we're not going to use a subprocess,…but we will be using the document shape.…It's a simple matter of clicking…and dragging these shapes around…so that the top four…are the ones you want appearing…when you hover over these other shapes.…So let's go over here to our document shape.…Click and drag it up.…
- Describe how to use SmartShapes.
- Explain how to connect shapes manually.
- Cite the method for automatically aligning SmartShapes.
- Describe how to add a background to your diagram.
- Explain what themes are and how to use them.
- Summarize how to format shape fills and effects.
Skill Level Beginner
What you need to know1m 16s
1. Get Started
What is Visio 2019?1m 39s
2. Create Connected Diagrams
3. Add Additional Objects to Diagrams
4. Format Objects and Text
5. Publish Diagrams to Various Outputs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.