In this video, learn how to add a preset background to a diagram to improve its appearance and create some visual interest when dealing with an otherwise plain looking diagram.
- [Instructor] Some of the diagrams we create here…in Visio 2019 may not be all that interesting to look at,…such as a flowchart,…like what we're creating here in this course.…To improve the appearance of our diagram…and make it more visually appealing,…we might want to add elements such as a background.…That's what we're going to do…with our software installation workflow here,…SIWorkflow_0302 if you're catching up.…Let's start by zooming out,…clicking the bottom right hand corner here…where it says Fit Page to Current Window,…allows us to get a nice overview of what's happening.…
Next, we'll go up to the Design tab here,…give that a click, and over here on the right hand side,…you'll see a Backgrounds area,…and there is a Backgrounds button that we can click…to see some of the presets we can choose from.…The default is already selected up here,…that's no background at all.…But you can see some of them use gradient fills,…there's a world map,…and then we have some cool designs near the bottom.…Let's start with one of these gradients.…
- Describe how to use SmartShapes.
- Explain how to connect shapes manually.
- Cite the method for automatically aligning SmartShapes.
- Describe how to add a background to your diagram.
- Explain what themes are and how to use them.
- Summarize how to format shape fills and effects.
Skill Level Beginner
What you need to know1m 16s
1. Get Started
What is Visio 2019?1m 39s
2. Create Connected Diagrams
3. Add Additional Objects to Diagrams
4. Format Objects and Text
5. Publish Diagrams to Various Outputs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.