Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with video widgets and plugins, part of Vimeo Projects for Creative Professionals (2013).
I want to talk for a second about Vimeo…widgets and how they're useful for creative professionals.…Widgets are found under Tools.…So, go ahead and give the Tools menu a click, and then,…scroll down until you see Wonderful Widgets and Make some cool widgets.…And the idea behind widgets is pretty straight forward.…These are other little bits of embeddable contents that…Vimeo can help you create, and probably the simplest…is a blog badge.…But still good for a creative professional in some context.…
So, Grab a Blog Badge shows you that you can get a basic blue logo.…Or a fancier one, or the little TV look for Vimeo channel.…And if you just take any of these embed codes,…what happens is, you can drop this into your site.…And the badge will appear and the link will go directly to your page.…So,…this is like embedding a video, but it's just sort…of embedding a shortcut branded link back to your Vimeo channel.…The other widgets available, and sometimes these change, and new ones are…invented, are different ways to pull in your video into different presentations.…
- Deciding between Vimeo, Vimeo Plus, and Vimeo Pro
- Creating a content map for your media
- Serializing content on Vimeo
- Displaying videos in widescreen
- Working with Vimeo widgets and plugins
- Using themes and templates to build a video portfolio
- Creating a branded channel
- Developing a press kit with Vimeo
- Setting up a tip jar
- Licensing your footage with Getty Images
- Setting up Vimeo On Demand
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Vimeo and Creative Professionals
2. Strategic Planning and Media Architecture
3. Vimeo for Presenting and Distributing Creative Content
Serializing content2m 46s
4. Portfolios and Work Samples
5. Promoting Yourself and Your Work with Vimeo
6. Monetizing Vimeo
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.