Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with templates and themes, part of Vimeo Projects for Creative Professionals (2013).
As we're conceptualizing our portfolio site, I wanted…to take a moment to talk about templates.…We're looking at the red 30 design site, and this is an originally designed site.…We used a creative team and we built from scratch.…And it looks great, but it took a substantial amount of time, money, and…effort to get it to this place Now, there are creative professionals at all levels.…And we specialize at all different things.…And it doesn't always pay to reinvent the wheel.…And that's why I want to talk about templates.…
Templates are predesigned sites that you populate with your content.…And they come in many shapes, sizes, and flavors.…Here's my personal site.…It's built on WordPress, and it uses a simple template.…Here is a personal site by another author.…Who does a different type of creative work.…The platform he uses is called square space, but…again he didn't design the fonts and the layers here.…He just got a template and filled it in.…So templates are pre-designed sites and they can be available in HTML,…
- Deciding between Vimeo, Vimeo Plus, and Vimeo Pro
- Creating a content map for your media
- Serializing content on Vimeo
- Displaying videos in widescreen
- Working with Vimeo widgets and plugins
- Using themes and templates to build a video portfolio
- Creating a branded channel
- Developing a press kit with Vimeo
- Setting up a tip jar
- Licensing your footage with Getty Images
- Setting up Vimeo On Demand
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Vimeo and Creative Professionals
2. Strategic Planning and Media Architecture
3. Vimeo for Presenting and Distributing Creative Content
Serializing content2m 46s
4. Portfolios and Work Samples
5. Promoting Yourself and Your Work with Vimeo
6. Monetizing Vimeo
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.