Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Using information architecture for media-rich portfolios, part of Vimeo Projects for Creative Professionals (2013).
Information Architecture is a set of tools and…techniques that help you plan structure of a website.…If this is new to you, you might want to take…a look at my course on Sitemaping and Wireframing with OmniGraffle.…OmniGraffle is the tool that I use to make these diagrams And…sitemaps and wireframes are two of…the major document types in information architecture.…I want to talk about some techniques specific to planning…your media-rich portfolios.…You can see a basic site map to the left here.…
And site mapping is always the first step that I take in architecting a site.…There's some things that come up…in certain architectures but especially portfolios.…And in particular, when you see the third row of pages…in the portfolio where I have Video 1, Video 2, Video 3.…I can tell that that's going to require what I call a secondary navigation.…And what I mean is when the hierarchy of a site grows to that third…level, I know I need to navigate not only between the main, About,…Contact, Portfolio, and News pages. But also between the videos themselves.…
- Deciding between Vimeo, Vimeo Plus, and Vimeo Pro
- Creating a content map for your media
- Serializing content on Vimeo
- Displaying videos in widescreen
- Working with Vimeo widgets and plugins
- Using themes and templates to build a video portfolio
- Creating a branded channel
- Developing a press kit with Vimeo
- Setting up a tip jar
- Licensing your footage with Getty Images
- Setting up Vimeo On Demand
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Vimeo and Creative Professionals
2. Strategic Planning and Media Architecture
3. Vimeo for Presenting and Distributing Creative Content
Serializing content2m 46s
4. Portfolios and Work Samples
5. Promoting Yourself and Your Work with Vimeo
6. Monetizing Vimeo
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.