Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Vimeo on a stand-alone website, part of Vimeo Projects for Creative Professionals.
I want to to talk about embedding Vimeo videos on a standalone website.…As you can see I'm at the Red30 home page.…And the idea of this mini project is to create a page that looks like…this, but features a Vimeo video in the…center, instead of this homepage links and photos.…Now embedding is covered in some detail in Vimeo essential training.…So my goal here is really to go a…layer deeper, and point out some things are particularly useful…for creative professionals.…Here's what the site homepage looks like, and I've…already selected the video that I want to embed.…
It's right here, and I've already uploaded it.…And it is called Hansel and Petal 90 Second Testimonial.…So this is a longer spot that I did for a client,…and I want to feature it in a page on the Red30 site.…I do want to point out that we've upgraded this Vimeo account to Vimeo Pro.…You're going to see some small differences and some…differences that matter for this tutorial but I…will continue to point out when I'm using…a specific Vimeo Pro or Vimeo Plus feature.…
- Deciding between Vimeo, Vimeo Plus, and Vimeo Pro
- Creating a content map for your media
- Serializing content on Vimeo
- Displaying videos in widescreen
- Working with Vimeo widgets and plugins
- Using themes and templates to build a video portfolio
- Creating a branded channel
- Developing a press kit with Vimeo
- Setting up a tip jar
- Licensing your footage with Getty Images
- Setting up Vimeo On Demand
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Vimeo and Creative Professionals
2. Strategic Planning and Media Architecture
3. Vimeo for Presenting and Distributing Creative Content
Serializing content2m 46s
4. Portfolios and Work Samples
5. Promoting Yourself and Your Work with Vimeo
6. Monetizing Vimeo
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.