Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up Vimeo On Demand, part of Vimeo Projects for Creative Professionals (2013).
We've been talking about monetizing video on Vimeo.…And this is something that's still developing a lot, and the newest service…is called Vimeo on Demand, or VOD, which usually stands for video on demand.…And Vimeo is playing with a little bit, as they are known to…play with words in this way, that it is now Vimeo on Demand.…So this is what…it looks like from a consumer's point of view.…And I think you can see that…by appearances, this is really high-end content.…
The presentation and also the content itself really is high quality,…especially as it's presented on the homepage of the On Demand section here.…So if we scroll down, we can see the different things that are available and,…different magazine pieces featuring different videos, suggestions, etcetera,…etcetera, etcetera. This is approaching distribution…or self-distribution through Vimeo as a partner.…
You could see it's also available on many mobile and set-up devices including…iPhone, Android, Apple TV, Xbox, Roku,…Vimeo has made a great effort to…
- Deciding between Vimeo, Vimeo Plus, and Vimeo Pro
- Creating a content map for your media
- Serializing content on Vimeo
- Displaying videos in widescreen
- Working with Vimeo widgets and plugins
- Using themes and templates to build a video portfolio
- Creating a branded channel
- Developing a press kit with Vimeo
- Setting up a tip jar
- Licensing your footage with Getty Images
- Setting up Vimeo On Demand
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Vimeo and Creative Professionals
2. Strategic Planning and Media Architecture
3. Vimeo for Presenting and Distributing Creative Content
Serializing content2m 46s
4. Portfolios and Work Samples
5. Promoting Yourself and Your Work with Vimeo
6. Monetizing Vimeo
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.