Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Serializing content, part of Vimeo Projects for Creative Professionals (2013).
I want to talk for a moment about Serialized Content.…And this isn't going to apply to all creative professionals.…Because some of us do longform and technically it's quite…possible nowadays, to post a full length movie on Vimeo.…Which is a good thing, but I still think that thinking…about video in different ways on the web is a good idea.…And in particular thinking about how pieces can be delivered serialized,…which is in order.…And the basic reason is that online is different.…
And people have different habits.…And in particular, they don't sit for as long…watching a video, they seem to be less patient.…And these things may change.…In fact, we know that they are changing. But this fact still remains.…So, consider different ways to create content or serialize it.…Certainly, think of shorter ideas. If you go…through Vimeo and get inspired, you'll see that there are a…lot of films or pieces of art, or pieces of web video.…Whatever we want to call them, that are 30 to…90 seconds, and some of them are highly, highly creative.…
- Deciding between Vimeo, Vimeo Plus, and Vimeo Pro
- Creating a content map for your media
- Serializing content on Vimeo
- Displaying videos in widescreen
- Working with Vimeo widgets and plugins
- Using themes and templates to build a video portfolio
- Creating a branded channel
- Developing a press kit with Vimeo
- Setting up a tip jar
- Licensing your footage with Getty Images
- Setting up Vimeo On Demand
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Vimeo and Creative Professionals
2. Strategic Planning and Media Architecture
3. Vimeo for Presenting and Distributing Creative Content
Serializing content2m 46s
4. Portfolios and Work Samples
5. Promoting Yourself and Your Work with Vimeo
6. Monetizing Vimeo
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.