Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing and organizing work samples, part of Vimeo Projects for Creative Professionals (2013).
I want to start talking about using Vimeo to create a portfolio of your work.…But before we get into that.…There's sort of a dirty little secret here which is a huge amount of…the work to make a portfolio is not actually in designing and implementing it.…But it is, in fact, in successfully…collecting the samples that you want to use.…And this is important because no matter how…much design or technology you put into your…portfolio, people are there to see your work.…So, having your work available is the key to the whole thing.…
Maybe surprisingly, maybe not, archiving work is…a challenge for a lot of creative professionals.…So, part of this is a phrase that a friend…of mine likes, which is between theory and practice lies discipline.…Part of this is just doing it, just saving your work and organizing it.…One of my favorite techniques is just to collect as you go.…If can sort of set up a system and then, wherever that…folder is on your hard drive, just always put a copy there.…That's one of the best methods.…
- Deciding between Vimeo, Vimeo Plus, and Vimeo Pro
- Creating a content map for your media
- Serializing content on Vimeo
- Displaying videos in widescreen
- Working with Vimeo widgets and plugins
- Using themes and templates to build a video portfolio
- Creating a branded channel
- Developing a press kit with Vimeo
- Setting up a tip jar
- Licensing your footage with Getty Images
- Setting up Vimeo On Demand
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Vimeo and Creative Professionals
2. Strategic Planning and Media Architecture
3. Vimeo for Presenting and Distributing Creative Content
Serializing content2m 46s
4. Portfolios and Work Samples
5. Promoting Yourself and Your Work with Vimeo
6. Monetizing Vimeo
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.