Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Licensing footage with Getty Images, part of Vimeo Projects for Creative Professionals (2013).
I'm still logged in here at Vimeo and I'm still on the Creator Services page.…And I just want to go a little further with each one…of these services that represent monetizing…your content in a different way.…The easiest one to approach, but you need to have great…footage to make it work, is this partnership with Getty Images.…So if we click here, we have a much more detailed explanation about how this works.…It is,…in fact, a partnership.…If you have stuff that can be licensed, you just sort of…make this connection and then they'll approve it and the door will open.…
You can have a lot more details about the money and how it all works.…They have some recommendations of good footage to license.…I think you can pretty much assume the types of stuff that works well.…If your this type of shooter this is going to make sense…to you, there are people that spend a lot of their time…getting beauty shots, going to different parts of the world…and just shooting to sell the footage, not the program.…So, if you're happy with all of this, you connect with Getty Images, and…
- Deciding between Vimeo, Vimeo Plus, and Vimeo Pro
- Creating a content map for your media
- Serializing content on Vimeo
- Displaying videos in widescreen
- Working with Vimeo widgets and plugins
- Using themes and templates to build a video portfolio
- Creating a branded channel
- Developing a press kit with Vimeo
- Setting up a tip jar
- Licensing your footage with Getty Images
- Setting up Vimeo On Demand
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Vimeo and Creative Professionals
2. Strategic Planning and Media Architecture
3. Vimeo for Presenting and Distributing Creative Content
Serializing content2m 46s
4. Portfolios and Work Samples
5. Promoting Yourself and Your Work with Vimeo
6. Monetizing Vimeo
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.