Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Displaying content in wide-screen and other aspect ratios, part of Vimeo Projects for Creative Professionals (2013).
Creativity comes in different shapes and sizes and I…want to talk for a second about aspect ratio on Vimeo.…I have a file here called scope.mp4 and it's in your exercise files.…You can tell right away that it's not a standard aspect ratio it's meant to mimic…Panavision or what's called scope and if I do get info which is Cmd+I.…We see that its actual dimensions are 960 by…400, not a pixel dimension that's particularly familiar or standard.…
But that's what we wanted it to look like, its not distorted.…We wanted to have a exaggerated wide screen look and you…could even take this further or you could even make vertical videos.…Sometimes people use there phones to take videos in a portrait…mode so there's lots of shapes and sizes and sometimes we want…that sort of thing.…So I've already posted this to Vimeo and I just want to…show you the results, because I think they are quite good.…And here's the same video on Vimeo.…
And as you can see is looking pretty good.…And in particular hasn't been Squeezed or squished at all.…
- Deciding between Vimeo, Vimeo Plus, and Vimeo Pro
- Creating a content map for your media
- Serializing content on Vimeo
- Displaying videos in widescreen
- Working with Vimeo widgets and plugins
- Using themes and templates to build a video portfolio
- Creating a branded channel
- Developing a press kit with Vimeo
- Setting up a tip jar
- Licensing your footage with Getty Images
- Setting up Vimeo On Demand
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Vimeo and Creative Professionals
2. Strategic Planning and Media Architecture
3. Vimeo for Presenting and Distributing Creative Content
Serializing content2m 46s
4. Portfolios and Work Samples
5. Promoting Yourself and Your Work with Vimeo
6. Monetizing Vimeo
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.