Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Developing a press kit with Vimeo, part of Vimeo Projects for Creative Professionals.
I want to talk abut using Vimeo for press…kits or what are sometimes called EPKs, Electronic Press Kits.…And this is a little different than portfolios…but some of the ideas are the same.…The idea here is that we would be promoting…a single film product that most likely is complete.…And when you send it out for reviews and for…press you send a package out, what's called an EPK.…Sometimes with a sample video,…photographs, written background work, and etc.…If it's a fiction film, you might have head shots in there.…
That sort of thing.…And what I wanted to point out, I'm just on the…video page for a video called Castles, that's on the Red30 site.…But what's special about Castles, is that it is a short film.…An eleven minute film, it's not a client piece, it's…something that we made creatively for film festivals and entertainment.…So, if we're interested…in getting press on this, I can certainly send…out the DVD and the print photographs and stuff.…But almost everything that the press would be interested in, I could…
- Deciding between Vimeo, Vimeo Plus, and Vimeo Pro
- Creating a content map for your media
- Serializing content on Vimeo
- Displaying videos in widescreen
- Working with Vimeo widgets and plugins
- Using themes and templates to build a video portfolio
- Creating a branded channel
- Developing a press kit with Vimeo
- Setting up a tip jar
- Licensing your footage with Getty Images
- Setting up Vimeo On Demand
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Vimeo and Creative Professionals
2. Strategic Planning and Media Architecture
3. Vimeo for Presenting and Distributing Creative Content
Serializing content2m 46s
4. Portfolios and Work Samples
5. Promoting Yourself and Your Work with Vimeo
6. Monetizing Vimeo
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.