Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a content map, part of Vimeo Projects for Creative Professionals (2013).
Once I've defined my goals, one of the things I usually do…is create what's called a content map for my Vimeo video content.…You can see the diagram on the left,…and this is based out of information architecture concepts.…In some ways, this resembles what's called a site map.…But it's different in that what's being diagrammed is the flow of the content.…What this diagram is telling us, is that, all of our video will be hosted on Vimeo.…
It will also be organized into playlists, and of…course there will always be new videos being added.…All of our videos from the library will be available on our website, but new videos…will also be available through an RSS feed, Facebook, and Twitter.…As you can see this resembles…a standard flow chart where the content is what's flowing from place to place.…The idea with this diagram, as with pretty much all…information architecture tools, is a way of communicating with your team.…
Just like I'm doing here, we often put…these up and talk through what the goals are.…But an information architecture diagram, in this case a…
- Deciding between Vimeo, Vimeo Plus, and Vimeo Pro
- Creating a content map for your media
- Serializing content on Vimeo
- Displaying videos in widescreen
- Working with Vimeo widgets and plugins
- Using themes and templates to build a video portfolio
- Creating a branded channel
- Developing a press kit with Vimeo
- Setting up a tip jar
- Licensing your footage with Getty Images
- Setting up Vimeo On Demand
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Vimeo and Creative Professionals
2. Strategic Planning and Media Architecture
3. Vimeo for Presenting and Distributing Creative Content
Serializing content2m 46s
4. Portfolios and Work Samples
5. Promoting Yourself and Your Work with Vimeo
6. Monetizing Vimeo
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.