Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video An intro to editing in HitFilm Express: Part 3, part of Making Video 1: Sell Something.
- [Instructor] All right, so we've covered the basics…of the Hitfilm Express interface and editing tools.…Now, I just want to finish by showing you a few extra things.…I have just a very short sequence in my editor now,…and we've put this together in the previous two movies.…So if you followed along,…you should have something fairly similar.…And the first thing I want to talk about…is making basic audio changes.…And before we make those changes,…I want to make sure that we're all looking at the same thing.…You should have a meters window open,…this is part of the editing workspace.…
If you don't see that, you can go up to View…and then Panels and then make sure that Meters is checked.…All right, so our principal audio needs to peak…right around -12 dB,…between negative 12 and negative six.…Let's take a listen at where our audio is now…and we'll see if we need to raise or lower…those audio levels.…- So I take the extra four in my hand and I roll them.…Then I put them back on the--…- All right, so things are a little low.…
- Video workflow and techniques
- Sales fundamentals
- Pre-production basics: planning, script writing, location scouting, and scheduling
- Production basics: interviewing, shooting b-roll, lighting, and sound
- Editing and post-production basics: organization, editing, and refinement