Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video An intro to editing in HitFilm Express: Part 2, part of Making Video 1: Sell Something.
- [Instructor] Now that we have a basic understanding…of the editing interface in HitFilm Express…let's learn more about the editing tools.…Right now I just have one clip in my timeline…which I edited in, in the last movie.…So if you're starting here,…go ahead and watch the previous movie…and edit a clip in the timeline yourself.…One thing that I did do, was I sort of zoomed in…on this shot to show you exactly how…to do that within the viewer.…I'm going to return this to the default values…'cause that's where I want to start out in this sequence.…It's very easy to do that.…I'm just going to right-click on the shot in the editor…and then go to Transform and Fit to Frame.…
So now I have Jean Michel out at the default values…for this particular shot.…And he is dipping the ganache balls in the chocolate…and putting them on the tray.…And what I would like to do is edit to…another shot where he's doing the same action.…Okay, so let's go ahead and find that shot.…I'm going to go over to my media window…and give myself a little more room here.…
- Video workflow and techniques
- Sales fundamentals
- Pre-production basics: planning, script writing, location scouting, and scheduling
- Production basics: interviewing, shooting b-roll, lighting, and sound
- Editing and post-production basics: organization, editing, and refinement