Learn how to prepare for a job interview for a creative role. Get tips to stand out from the competition and make a great impression.
- When it comes time to look for a job, it can be really stressful. You want to find a way to stand out from the rest of the applicants and to ensure that you're getting more job interviews so you have more opportunities to land the best job. There are a ton of things that you can do before the job interview to make sure you are fully prepared. And in this course, we're going to explore a lot of simple, actionable techniques to make sure you're ready. My name's Rich Harrington, and in this course, we're going to focus on things you could do to not screw up a job interview. We'll start by taking a look at how you can use your network to really line up opportunities. And then important things you can do on your own to be fully prepared for that interview. We'll talk about gathering up relevant work samples and what sort of things an employer is going to want to see to know that you are fully capable. And I'll share with you some practical strategies to make sure that you are ready for the types of questions you're going to face, that you're relaxed, calm, collected. And we'll go through some in-person training that you can do to really make sure that when you walk into the job interview, you are presenting your best self. The process of getting a job is very difficult. But there are a lot of things you can do to improve your chances. Let's get started.
- Networking for job interviews
- Interview types
- Crafting an effective resume
- Building a creative portfolio
- Researching the company and position
- Holding mock interviews
- Preparing physical materials