Learn about when it is better to record actors together instead of separate.
- You've got a great script to record…with awesome character interaction.…So when should you record multiple actors at the same time…instead of just one at a time?…For general dialogue scenes,…it can be a lot faster and easier…to record one voice at a time.…Singular voices are very easy to edit.…No one's stepping on each other.…If your actors are playing multiple characters…who need to interact,…that's also a really good reason to record one at a time.…
But if your scene needs real emotion, humor,…or playful banter, those are perfect times…to record the actors together.…See, humor is all about timing.…And great comic actors can feed off of one another…and give your script the perfect timing.…Emotions can also be hard to realistically portray…in a sterile environment one-on-one,…so allowing actors to play off of each other…and build their emotions can also be a great idea.…
But multiple actors recording at once…will often give you overlapping dialogue.…Now, while that sounds great and natural,…you really can't edit it too much.…
- Finding and hiring voice-over talent
- Recording voice-over
- Becoming a professional voice artist
- Recording better line readings
- Creating a demo reel
- Recording your own voice-over projects
- Delivering and backing up audio files
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Building a Commercial Soundtrack in Auditionwith Scott Hirsch53m 26s Intermediate
Video Production: Location Audio Recordingwith Anthony Q. Artis1h 23m Appropriate for all
1. Producing Voice Over
2. Professional Voice Over
3. Voice Over for Your Own Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.