Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video What is compositing?, part of After Effects CC 2019 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] What is compositing?…Loosely, it's the combining of two or more visual elements…As an example, compositing in its simplest form…is placing one image on top of another,…like adding a layer of text onto a picture…or drawing a goofy mustache on a selfie.…Building up smaller components like text, still images,…and live-action footage to create a more complex composition…is often the end goal that could not be achieved otherwise.…Here we'll take a look at an overview of some…of the key concepts and terminology associated…with compositing and how they fit…within the realm of motion graphics.…
So here are some key concepts.…We have mattes, rotoscoping, keying,…blending modes, and tracking.…Mattes are used to isolate one portion of an image.…It essentially cuts out the portion of a picture…that you want to use or throw away.…In AfterAffects, mattes can be generated a number of ways,…including creating a mask directly on a layer…or by having one layer reference…the transparency of another.…That's a method called track matting.…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 54m Intermediate
Compositing Text and Video in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 53m Intermediate
After Effects CC 2019 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.