Create a video for your nonprofit. Learn how to make a short, compelling, and professional-looking video on a limited budget.
- In this course we'll be making a video with several members of the Chicago CRED Organization to promote the central mission of this Chicago based non-profit. This organization which was founded by former U.S. Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan, is dedicated to helping solve the very real problem of Chicago gun violence in creative and practical ways. And that is by creating a jobs program aimed at men that are most likely to be the perpetrators or victims of shootings.
CRED recruits these at-risk individuals and helps them transition to legal jobs that pay as much or more than the work they were accustomed to in the violent illegal economy. Making a video that sells a challenging idea to a target audience can be difficult work, but I hope as you learn more about this you'll agree that it's a very worthwhile cause and something that we can have a lot of fun with in creating and engaging video.
We're also assuming relatively little or no experience in video production whatsoever. We'll dig into smart ideation strategies. We'll shoot well executed interviews and engaging B-role, as well as artistic scenes. - And how we refuse to be a prison's pedestal and how being in CRED makes us incredible. - [Ashley] And finally we'll edit the video bringing all of our efforts together into a finished product. So if you're someone not in the video industry who wants to make a high quality video to promote a worthwhile idea, this is your course.
- Video fundamentals
- Understanding the video workflow
- Pre-production basics: planning, script writing, and scheduling
- Production basics: shooting, lighting, and sound
- Post-production basics: organization, editing, and refining
- Delivering the project