Learn the ins and outs of vlogging. Explore the philosophy behind vlogging, and discover techniques and gear that can help you create a compelling video blog for your business.
- Hey everybody, Jem Schofield here. And welcome to Vlogging for Business. I'm really excited about this course because I have, along with my educational brand the C47, been vlogging in some form or another since 2009. And what I want to do is take my experience in terms of how you tie in what you're doing as a brand, and getting that out to the world using the vlogging format. Now in this course we had the opportunity to work with somebody who has a local business that's wanted to start a vlog for a really long time. So that was really exciting because we got to help them figure out all of the stuff that this course is going to cover.
And we're going to be talking about things like, what is a vlog? Who is your audience or potential audience? We're going to be talking about, of course, equipment, how to shoot a vlog, and then how to take that content and the considerations you might have in terms of getting it out to the outside world. So let's get started.
In this course, Jem Schofield of theC47 breaks down the planning, production, post production, equipment, and distribution of an ongoing vlog for your company, business, or creative endeavor. Jem explains how to select the right subject matter, pick a vlogging camera, and shoot your vlog. Plus, he goes over helpful post production and delivery strategies, including editing and integrating branding assets. Jem shows all of this by walking through the process with a business owner, Steven Soria of Make Smith Leather Company.
- Choosing what your vlog is about
- Determining audience, length, and frequency
- Picking your vlogging camera
- Preparing to shoot your vlog
- Shooting your vlog
- Integrating branding assets
- Using music within a vlog
- Preparing and uploading your vlog